Series "BTL" devices are fully automatic processor-controlled battery testing and charging systems with integrated space monitoring.
They check a range of parameters every 50 milliseconds
• the battery's vehicle voltage
• whether the battery is completely or partially charged
• whether one of the connected batteries is defective
• whether the plug-in connection (contacts) is OK
• whether a 12-/24-volt vehicle is connected (automatic switchover)
Depending on the result of the check, the battery testing and charging system responds in different ways: The system pulses more or less charge (charge is applied), disconnects it or – on detecting a fault – issues an audible and visual alarm. The success rate for detecting defective batteries is about 95%..
By means of the floating alarm output (that is already installed in this device), it is possible to transmit the error message to the headquarters (bus system) and to pagers or an alarm system. When doing this, our system switches the power from your own existing system (in case of an alarm).
Pölz's battery testing and charging systems charge vehicle batteries carefully and only supply current for as long as is absolutely necessary. This means that long-term operation doesn't load the batteries unnecessarily.
When connecting the battery testing and charging system to your vehicle fleet, it is possible to use cables with a maximum length of 50 metres and dimensions of 4 x 2.5 mm².
230 V / 12-24 V accessories:
• Battery testing and charging system device connector
• Battery testing and charging system brackets
• Battery testing and charging system alarm output connector
• Connecting cable
Pölz's battery testing and charging systems provide the highest levels of performance for the safety of your vehicle fleet In this connection, this results in heat developing just like in any other case where electrical energy is transported. This means that you must ensure that there is adequate ventilation when choosing a location to set up our equipment.